FATHER BEDE COMPOSED A BRIEF DOCUMENT ENTITLED OBLATES OF SHANTIVANAM, CONSISTING OF FIVE POINTS (HERE ABBREVIATED STILL FURTHER BY BEATRICE BRUTEAU):-
1) Oblates are men and women, married and single, who offer their lives to God as Supreme Reality beyond name and form.
2) This Reality manifests itself under various names in Earth's traditions; Christian Oblates respond to it through Jesus, the New Testament and the Church.
3) Oblates recognize and revere traditions other than their own and respect all who seek God.
4) As monastics, Oblates claim kinship with monastics of all traditions.
5) Oblates of Shantivanam build on the foundation of prayer/study/work that characterizes Shantivanam in its Benedictine/Camaldolese tradition as their way of realizing the Divine Mystery as love uniting the world.